Material Planning Analyst
Location: Sudbury, East of England GB
Job Number: 15567
Job Title Material Planning Analyst
Contract Length 6 months
Rate Neg ??
About the Company
A global organisation that specialise in multiple sectors and projects including Manufacturing, Pharmaceutical, Construction and Engineering.
As a Material Planning Analyst you will be responsible for performing a range of functions in the planning and purchasing of materials to support the manufacturing according to the production schedule, customer orders and forecast. You will be responsible for ensuring the timely delivery of inventory and dealing with any supply issues that may arise. You will be responsible for assisting with the management and development of the supply chain function to meet the company’s strategic objectives as well as implementing and running a robust planning process from end to end providing excellent analytics and communication.
What are my responsibilities?
- Responsible for the purchasing of raw materials, whilst constantly reviewing changes to forecast to expedite/ de-expedite as appropriate
- Review and maintain usage, lot sizes, lead times and other relevant data to ensure the master data is correct and allows for efficient planning across the Supply Chain
- Ensure SAP reflects realistic planning requirements that drive the whole supply chain, finding ways to improve the use of the existing tools in order to streamline planning processes, seeking automation where possible and to ensure that all replenishment orders are placed within the lead time.
- Reporting on key metrics and providing visuals and information at daily stand up meetings to communicate any potential issues
- Ability to calculate economic order quantities by analyzing safety stocks, MOQ’s and reorder points on a regular basis
- Develop and implement reliable reports for analyzing end to end data, to meet desired customer service levels, while optimizing inventory investments as well as making the best of material, labour and equipment
- Constantly question current practices, identifying improvement opportunities and implementing process changes
- Responsible for the timely resolution of: return of non-conforming goods, invoice queries or other supply issues
- Working with Commodity Managers, Project Owners, and other departments to support existing, replacement and new product requirements.
- Actively participate in capacity planning projects with manufacturing and take the lead implementing change on production planning processes in line with strategic business and department goals
- Implement planning related KPI’s, update and review them on a regular basis involving internal stakeholders and setting up action plans
- Add value to and perform detailed validation of demand vs. supply, communicating and driving clearly defined actions to all key stakeholders to mitigate excess inventory, potential service issues and identify Supply Chain operational improvement opportunities.
- Reacting to changes in supply to ensure contingency and recovery plan available in a timely manner and any issues escalated as appropriate, with labour and material requirements communicated throughout
- Provide assistance across all areas of supply chain, including Materials, Production, Customer Services and Demand Planning.
- Provide analytical support to the Plan For Every Part project which will be used to meet the strategic business plans balancing supply and demand;
- Support with the implementation of the business analytics tool Power BI across the Supply Chain Function.
- Supply Chain experience with proven experience of working with an ERP system, preferably SAP
- Outstanding Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong Analytical skills with the ability to deal with large amounts of complex data
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills as well as results oriented
- Experience in working with the business analytics tool Power BI
- Open Communication and ability to communicate clearly in both written and verbal forms
- Experience in material planning from a manufacturing environment
- Ability to work effectively in teams
- Bias for Action – ability to work in a fast pace while retaining strong attention to details and making decisions
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to drive and deliver new initiatives and process improvements
- Familiar with lean concepts and tools
- Broad knowledge of production and capacity planning, S&OP and manufacturing processes
- Customer focused mindset
Rate will be dependent on the engagement route for the contract.
Please click APPLY NOW
If this isn’t the role you’re looking for right now, please visit our contractor portal below
where you will see all of our live roles and communities to join:
Job Number: 3225252
Community / Marketing Title: Material Planning Analyst
Location_formattedLocationLong: Sudbury, East of England GB